What are Expanded Polystyrene – EPS Foam Blocks?
What are Expanded Polystyrene – EPS foam blocks?
Expanded Polystyrene – EPS Foam Blocks, are a rigid, closed-cell, thermoplastic Foam Blocks, that are basically produced from solid beads of polystyrene. which is polymerized from styrene monomer and contains an expansion gas (pentane) dissolved within the polystyrene bead.
Each solid polystyrene bead contains small amounts of gas which expand when heat (in the form of steam) is applied, thus forming closed cells of EPS. These expanded cells occupy approximately 40 times the volume of the original polystyrene bead, and so with a second heat treatment using a mold, large EPS blocks can be molded into specific customized shapes.
The Manufacturing Process of Expanded Polystyrene – EPS foam Blocks:
Above all, EPS Foam manufacturing process at INSUTECH complies with the highest international environmental protection standards.
Then, to create the Foam blocks and sheets, tiny beads of polystyrene are treated with steam. to soften and expand up to 40 times their original volume.
Afterward, again using steam, the expanded foam beads are molded into shapes or large blocks in several densities to meet specific project needs.
In the first place, the process does not involve the use of ozone-layer-depleting CFCs. No harmful gasses or substances are produced during the manufacturing process, and all waste generated is 100% recyclable.
EPS Foam Blocks applications and uses:
Accordingly, high-density Expanded Polystyrene Blocks are ideal for Several applications and uses:
Expanded Polystyrene Foam Blocks can be cut into any required packaging mold design and size.
– Foam Blocks can be cut into foam sheets, in any required size for thermal insulation applications.
– EPS Foam Blocks provide a raised structural floor over the concrete slab, in a short time frame which speeds up the raised floor construction time.
– Can be used for Lightweight filling in constructions, it’s considered an ideal balancing element in building structures.
– Creating large, lightweight sculptured works of art.
– EPS blocks can be easily sculpted to different molds and shapes with CNC and Router cutters.
– Expanded Polystyrene Blocks can be molded, hardened, then it’s coated with different colors and texture patterns. to form all designs of interior and exterior decoration elements.
Features of using EPS Foam Blocks:
– Energy saving
– Rigidity, despite the lightweight
– Thermal Insulation
– Saving on final projects costs
– High compressive strength
– Flexibility in design
– Easy to install
– Easy to maintain
Without doubt, If you need Cost-effective, Lightweight and Durable Expanded Polystyrene Blocks! or you want to receive professional technical consultation, make sure to choose Insutech!
Our products are well known not only for high-quality and diversity but also lowering repair and maintenance costs.