Bituminous Membrane for Water Insulation
INSUGRAND, is a plastomeric Modiﬁed Bitumen Membrane used for various waterproof applications.
It is manufactured in a high-tech calendaring process, which involves the saturation and coating of a polyester carrier with an APP polymer-modiﬁed bitumen compound. The polymer additives are used to improve the thermal, chemical, and aging properties of the bitumen compound. Meanwhile, the mechanical characteristics such as tensile strength, elongation, and tear resistance are boosted by the non-woven polyester carrier, which acts as a reinforcement to the product.
INSUGRAND – Bitumen Membrane Surface FINISH
The lower surface of the membrane is laminated with a thin thermo-fusible polyethylene ‘burn-oﬀ’ ﬁlm. The membrane is available with a wide range of upper surface ﬁnish options including diﬀerent colored slates, aluminum foil, sand, and polyethylene ﬁlm. (click here to see the color guide)
- Absolute impermeability to water
- High chemical resistance to alkaline solutions, light acidic solutions, and bacteria
- Thermal resistance under a wide range of temperature fluctuation
- Excellent U.V. resistance when the surface is finished with slates
- Ease of adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces
- Applicable for above and below grade usages
INSUGRAND Membrane Characteristics
|Flexibility at low temperature-||-3||-6|
|Thickness||3/4 mm||3/4 mm|
|Softening Point (Ring & Ball)||150 C||150 C|
INSUGRAND membranes are used for a wide variety of waterprooﬁng requirements and in applications subject to high mechanical stresses, such as:
- Rooﬁng Insulation
- Sloped and ﬂat roofs Insulation
- Insulation for tunnels, wet areas, swimming pools, and toilets
- Foundations and underground structures Insulation
INSUGRAND Modiﬁed Bitumen Membranes should be stored in an upright position, dry, ﬂat, and ventilated storage area away from direct sunlight.
Please refer to the INSUTECH Applicator Guide for complete instructions on the application of the product.