BITUMAX is a plastomeric Modiﬁed Bitumen Membrane used for various waterprooﬁng applications. It is manufactured in a high-tech calendaring process, which involves the saturation and coating of a polyester carrier with an APP polymer-modiﬁed bitumen compound. The polymer additives are used to improve the thermal, chemical and ageing properties of the bitumen compound. Meanwhile, the mechanical characteristics such as tensile strength, elongation and tear resistance are boosted by the polyester carrier, which acts as a reinforcement to the product.
• Excellent U.V. resistance when surface is ﬁnished with slates
• High chemical resistance to alkaline solutions, light acidic solutions and bacteria
• Superior thermal resistance under a wide range of temperature ﬂuctuation
• Absolute impermeability to water
• Excellent adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces
• Applicable for above and below grades usages.
BITUMAX membranes are used for a wide variety of waterprooﬁng requirements and in applications subject to high mechanical stresses, such as:
• Rooﬁng or re-rooﬁng for covered single layer systems or base layer for multi-layer systems, sloped and ﬂat roofs
• Tunnels, wet areas, swimming pools and toilets
• Underground structures
• Slab on grade
The lower surface of the membrane is laminated with a thin thermo-fusible polyethylene ‘burn-oﬀ’ ﬁlm. The membrane is available with a wide range of upper surface ﬁnish options including aluminum foil, sand and diﬀerent colored slates such as red, green, grey and polyethylene ﬁlm.(click here to see the color guide)
All Modiﬁed Bitumen Waterprooﬁng Membrane should be stored in upright position in dry, ﬂat, ventilated and away from direct sun light storage area.